- 18, 2017
Youth Team Camp at Sacramento State University
John Smith Field @ CSUS - Sacramento, California
Ages: HS Classes of 2021 & 2022
View & Print Camp Waiver
The Hornet Baseball Youth Team Camp at Sacramento State is designed to provide High School players with the opportunity to be instructed by and play in front of the Sacramento State Baseball coaching staff.
Players will have the opportunity to expand their baseball skills and benefit from a unique, competitive and challenging atmosphere.
Detailed Camp Description
- Cost is $800.00 per Team (Includes everything baseballs, umpires etc.)
- Each team camp/tournament will have 4 teams
- All games are 7 inningsB
- Round Robin format Friday and Saturday
- Seeded Championship Bracket on Sunday
- 5 Games total (1 Game Friday, 2 games Saturday, and 2 games Sunday)
- Our coaching staff (and current/former players) will be in attendance and will spend time with each team throughout the three days.
- Each team will receive 1 practice for an hour between games run by our coaching staff
- One of our coaches (Head Coach when present) will meet with parents in a Q&A session on the recruiting process
Each camper must bring his own baseball equipment. Players should bring a glove, bat, cleats/spikes, running shoes or turf shoes, hat, and any other equipment they feel necessary to compete. Catchers must bring their own gear. Helmets will be provided. Every camper in attendance will be given a CSUS Baseball T-Shirt to be worn during camp. However, all campers must bring their own baseball pants.
04:00pm ... 1 vs 2
06:30pm ... 3 vs 4
08:30am-09:30am ... Teams 1 & 3 practice with coaching staff
10:00am ... 1 vs 3
11:00am-12:00pm ... Teams 2 & 4 practice with coaching staff
12:45pm ... 2 vs 4
03:30pm ... 1 vs 4
06:15pm ... 2 vs 3
Seed Teams 1-4 based on W/L record, Head to Head, and Runs Allowed
09:00am ... 2 vs 3
11:45am ... 1 vs 4
02:30pm ... Losers
05:15pm ... Championship
The Hornet Baseball Camps are proud to call John Smith Field our home. John Smith field was renovated in 2016 with a brand new playing surface and lights.
Hornet Baseball Camps are designed to teach students solid fundamental baseball skills as well as to raise their level of understanding of the game of baseball. Our purpose is to provide each camper with the instruction and encouragement needed to develop individual skills to a greater level. In addition, we want the camper to be aware that individual skills are best utilized when they are incorporated into a team concept. We will emphasize how individuals work together on a field to form a baseball "team."
Directions to Camp
- Exit Eastbound Hwy. 50 at Howe/Power Inn Road. Veer right, following the California State University, Sacramento sign to Hornet Drive. At the light, take a left on College Town Drive. Hornet Baseball Field is about 200 yards past Hornet Stadium on the right.
- Exit Westbound Hwy. 50 at Howe/Power Inn Road straight ahead to College Town Drive. Once on College Town Drive, follow same directions as above.
- Exit Westbound Business 80 at J Street. Make at left turn on to J Street, and follow for about four miles. Enter the front entrance at CSUS and take a right on College Town Drive. Hornet Baseball Field is located about a quarter-mile on the left.
Meals / Snacks
Meals will not be provided for this session.
Have questions regarding Hornet Baseball Camps? Contact Jake Angier at email@example.com
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.
All Sacramento State camps are open to any and all entrants per NCAA rules, but are limited as noted on the following camp flyer by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
What if I have to cancel a camp?
We do not offer refunds on cancelled campers, just a future camp credit if you decide to cancel, but we do have what is called "Cancellation Protection". We offer basic Cancellation Protection to allow participants some peace of mind in case plans change. This allows us to keep our prices low and provide the best service possible. Due at the time of registration, Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of camp fees should you cancel your registration more than 7 days prior to the start of a day camp. If you cancel within 7 days of the start of your session, we will give you a camp credit for all money paid. The credit is valid for three years from camp date. Credit with insurance is transferable to family members or friends, and good toward a future camp.
Please bring all signed forms to registration check in.
Camp Hotel / Dorm Information
This is not an overnight camp. Players traveling from out of town will be responsible for securing their own accommodations.
Airport Pickup / Dropoff Information
Sacramento International Airport is the closest airport to Sac State University.
There will be no airport transportation offered for this event.