- 11, 2017
2017 Trosky/Learn4Life 30 College Showcase Camp
Palomar College-San Marcos, California
Ages: All High School & Junior College Players
View & Print Camp Waiver
Trosky baseball has contributed to over 5000 players receiving college scholarships and signing professional contracts. Parents, players, coaches, and scouts say Trosky camps exceed expectations.
Testimony: Coach Trosky, Thank you for hosting your Camp. It was the most organized and detailed Showcase I have been to. I noticed at least 50 college coaches and pro scouts. We will be back next year and I will be recommending your Showcase to top prospects.
MLB Scout - Eric Cederquist
2016 Schools That Attended. Note: Schools are pending for 2017 and will be confirmed shortly.
- Seattle University: DI
- UC Davis: DI
- University of San Diego: DI
- USC: DI
- Cal Poly Pomona: DII
- University of New Mexico: DI
- University of Portland: DI
- San Diego City College: JC
- San Diego State: DI
- Azuza Pacific: DII
- Cal Poly: DI
- MLB Scouts: NL & AL
- Hope International University: NAIA
- UC Riverside: DI
- La Sierra University: NAIA
- Chapman University: DIII
- CSU Northridge: DI
- University of Antelope Valley: NAIA
- Concordia University Irvine: NAIA
- Biola University: NAIA
- UC San Diego: DII
- CSU San Marcos: DII
- Point Loma Nazarene: DII
- The Masters College: NAIA
- Palomar College: JC
- San Diego Christian University: NAIA
- Southwestern College: JC
- CSU Bakersfield: DI
- University of Utah: DI
Colleges attending subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances (rare but possible).
Detailed Camp Description
Participating athletes learn the importance of scholastics, fundamentals, attitude, character, dedication, and striving for excellence.
10 Reasons to attend Trosky Camps
1. They provide the best player to coach ratio
2. They take place on one field, with limited roster spots, making each player accessible to the attending college coaches/ MLB scouts
3. They allow parents & players the opportunity to learn from the college coaches / MLB scouts
4. They are reasonably priced
5. Recruiting specialists / MLB scouts lecture on the recruiting process and pro baseball, and are available Q&A throughout the camp
6. Player evaluations are available upon request (completed by the attending college coaches and professional scouts)
7. They're flexible with the schedules of players that cannot attend the entire event
8. Trosky Baseball is connected with over 500 colleges / MLB scouts across the country
9. Trosky Baseball has a reliable reputation. Parents, players, college coaches, and MLB scouts say Trosky camps exceed expectations
10. Trosky Baseball has contributed to over 5,000 players playing college and professional baseball
TROSKY'S 6 CONCEPTS:
After working numerous showcase events across the west coast and being a college recruiter and professional baseball scout, Coach Trosky became frustrated with the typical format used by major showcase and recruiting organizations. Typical formats include:
- a lower number of college coaches in attendance and a lack of diversity (different levels of colleges) among them
- a low number of repetitions on both offense and defense
- a limited amount of game exposure for both pitchers and position players
- a lack of connection with the coaches attending the event.
Over the years it became clear that despite attending numerous events and spending thousands of dollars, the majority of high school players end up frustrated and empty handed. As a result, the Trosky Games Camps model was built.
The 6 core concepts included in Trosky Games Camps are:
1.) Multiple Games:Players participate in 2 games (a simulated game and a live game). WIth the peaks and valleys of baseball, multiple games give each player the opportunity to show consistency and/or to make important adjustments. This allows players to display a more accurate representation of their game.
2.) Repetition: Players take batting practice in the cages before the games. They perform in skills training sessions and perform numerous repetitions between innings.
3.) Relationships: Attending college coaches are on the field coaching and getting to know the players. Camp activities conclude daily with the College Coach's Introduction, where players and parents have the opportunity to learn from the college coaches.
4.) Recruiting Information: Players and parents receive recruiting insight from active college recruiting coordinators and from recruiting specialist Nate Trosky. The informative talks conclude with a Q & A session. At the conclusion of camp activities, Coach Trosky is available to answer recruiting questions.
5.) Opportunity: Attending college coaches represent a wide range of colleges and universities (DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, and JC) giving each player the opportunity to be recruited by schools that meet his scholastic, financial, social, and athletic needs.
6.) Schedule Flexibility: Trosky Games Camps are flexible with the schedules of those who cannot attend the entire camp (if you have a special schedule request, we can accommodate). All players are free to come and go throughout the camp when they are not able to attend.
* Roster spots are limited - maximizing playing time, innings pitched, and at-bats
* Position Players participate in skills testing: bat exit speed, velo throw, & 60 yr dash
* Pitchers receive in depth instruction through camp when they're not pitching
* All participants engage in lectures regarding the mental game and the recruiting process
* Player evaluations are available by request
* We are flexible with the schedules of those who cannot attend the entire camp
* Sundays begin with an optional baseball chapel
* Trosky Camps Sell Out. Sign-up Today!
Camp Highlight: After the conclusion of camp, both players and parents are given the opportunity to participate in the College Coach Introduction / Meeting, a valuable component to the recruiting process.
Playing one position: $425.00
Dual Player (pitching & playing a position) add an additional: $195.00
Saturday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Each player must bring his own baseball equipment. Players should bring a glove, bat, batting gloves, helmet, cleats/spikes, running shoes or turf shoes, hat, and any other equipment they feel necessary to compete. Catchers must bring their own gear. Please mark name on all items. Trosky Baseball will not be responsible for lost items.
Skills Video Packages:
Our skills video packages are designed by scouts and college coaches. Since both have deemed this a valuable tool we have priced the video to benefit you! We will only video what the scouts and coaches ask for. There is no need to video angles or footage that gets deleted. The video is 1-3 minutes long and edited to show mechanics. There is no game footage.
The video we take is uploaded to a third-party video hosting company. NCAA rules state that we cannot send the video on your behalf or host on our site. We send you the link which you will be able to email without username or passwords.
Our videos are delivered in HD (High Definition). You can view them with a computer, a phone, or a smart pad. This makes it easy for you to deliver and anyone to view.
Pitching Package - $199.00
$50 discount if you sign up during Camp Online Registration
We will video you in the bullpen from the wind up and stretch. We will allow you to throw all your pitches from both. This is a 2 camera angle video showing a chest view and a view from behind the catcher. The 2 angles are what evaluators look for.
Position Player Package - $249.00
$50 discount if you sign up during Camp Online Registration
This option is a video of one defensive position, and hitting. We record your positions using a front view camera angle. This is to capture your athleticism and arm angle. Catcher's video also includes an outfield view, as well as pop time on video. Catching is videoed off live pitching in bullpen, throws to second will be done on the diamond. Your hitting video is recorded showing a side view. If you would like a second defensive position, add $50.
Combo Package- $349.00 Position and pitchers package
$50 discount if you sign up during online registration
Videos will be delivered by email in 7-10 business days *Refunds will only be granted if not produced in proper timeline.
Directions to Camp
1140 W Mission Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
Camp Parking Information
Guests who are visiting Westmont may
park in any parking space, except where
it is restricted (e.g. faculty only, service
vehicles only, fire lanes, unmarked areas).
Our public safety officer may place a notice
on the vehicle, which serves as a temporary
Meals / Snacks
Meals will not be provided.
For Questions regarding Trosky Baseball e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.
Refund Policy: Once payment is received, there are no refunds .....
Click Here to view Trosky's Refund Poilicy
All camps will be held rain or shine!
Medical Release Form (attached)